Accrington Stanley Memories was originally started by myself Darren Woodhead in December 2016 as a Facebook Group.
Initially I envisaged a small group of people sharing photographs and memorabilia about Stanley, however the reality of what evolved over the past four years really took me by surprise. Please find below a few of the highlights of the group.
· A display in the Fans Zone at the end of 2015/16 season when supporters voted for their favourite Stanley player.
· Players invited to the club as the guest of honour.
· Numerous events in hospitality over the years sponsoring games.
· Subscribers of the group getting involved with the 50 Year Book.
· Raising a significant amount of money for good causes.
· Introduction of Memories on Twitter.
· Facebook group now boasts over 1,600 members from over 50 countries who regularly who regularly share memories and opinions and great friendships have been made!
A member who joined the group in 2019, has taken things to a new level, Phil Kennedy who supports the club from Arizona in the United States, had already embraced the club into his Across The Pitch Podcast with co-host Arran Airs.
Initially I joined an episode of Across the Pitch to talk about my forthcoming book, 50 Years of Accrington Stanley, however it did not take long before I joined the team as a co-host and the two groups have been intertwined as we have progressed. Another big supporter of the Memories page, Tony Robinson has also become a member of the ATP team, whilst David Davis has generously supported every Memories event and project.
The next step is for myself and Phil Kennedy to bring you the Accrington Stanley Memories Website and the features you will find will include;
· All Stanley-related Podcasts from the Across The Pitch Team.
· Accrington Stanley Hall of Fame-features and photographs of club legends.
· Online Shop.
· News of Events
Best Wishes from Darren & Phil.
On Stanley On.